New rams!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chileno

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to post how much i love petsmart right about now. :) so i live in the middle of nowhere and only have one lfs, they are very good with fish but dont carry to many, and when they do they are all gone in hours. So I've been wanting to get rams and i happened to go out of town on Monday, it was a six hours drive and when I got there i went to both petco and petsmart, well petco had the worst fishes I've ever seen ( i saw one with no eyes!!!) then i went to petsmart, right across the street, and all their tanks where soooo nice i was looking at all the fish trying to see how they were and all looked very healthy. Then i saw them!!!!!!!!! Rams, and only for $6 each, at my lfs they are $15 when they have them, so i bought a pair and i was very worried about the six hours drive home, thinking it would be very stressful, well nothing bad happen :) i actually bought other fish too and plants and everything made it safe home, now they are happy and so i am i love those rams on my planted tank

I have a petsmart ram too. I bought a female there and a male elsewhere to avoid inbreeding. For $6 you cant go all that wrong for a gbr.

I know!!! Im so happy. I did look at them for about 30 minutes and bought the ones that looked like they were already a pair, i got a male and female and they swim together on my tank :D

What I find most entertaining is when they bicker with one another. Once I was watching them and they faced each other and looked like they where squabbling at each other and the female took a little nip at the male. They then just swam off like nothing happened.

It was funny cuz today i was using the magnet glass cleaner and they were following it all over the tank, lol thats when i got a chance to take some pics of them

image-3879146714.jpg

image-2384494797.jpg

image-1798914831.jpg

Wow they are stunning. When mine layed eggs, I brought the magnet cleaner near them and they did everything they could to destroy it.

Rams look really good. I want some but can I put those with a 8" Oscar ??? I'm afraid the Oscar will eat them. How about with Malawi cichlids??? (Second tank).

Be careful with Petsmart Rams. Every Petsmart near me the rams have Camallanus worms.

Rams look really good. I want some but can I put those with a 8" Oscar ??? I'm afraid the Oscar will eat them. How about with Malawi cichlids??? (Second tank).

Neither of those would work. The Oscar would eat them and the Africans would be to aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom