New shipment of fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my new fish in today for my 29 gallon!

14 cardinal tetras (although I suspect 2 may be neons... They school with others though. Possibly just young?)

3 Amano shrimp bringing my total to 6

3 otos (all doing well!)

1 Siamese algae eater (bad state)- very concerned. I wanted this guy the most... He was the only one packed in that blue water and his gills are moving but he hasn't moved. I think he was slowed down by the chemicals in the blue water. I really hope he makes it through!

Also.. Question. I think one of my neons has a problem. Here's a picture attached... Is that fungus? Or just from stress? Do I need to treat and is it safe for shrimp if I do treat?

Attachments

• image-3287793945.jpg
    image-3287793945.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 68
Really hope my SAE makes it... Neon tetra's white spot seems to magically have disappeared...

Attachments

• image-3247417358.jpg
    image-3247417358.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1592004377.jpg
    image-1592004377.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2710059980.jpg
    image-2710059980.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 53
Nevermind. Still there. :(

Also has some white mouth looking stuff. Really worried.

Also, seems to be "missing" like half a gill covering. And is up at top gasping for air. Is this mouth rot?

My SAE got up and took off! Roaming around the tank now! :) but some of my tetras died... And I hope it doesn't effect the others. I hope my water isn't too hard for them here... I took my time acclimating and everything!

Wow, sorry for the losses. You didn't do anything wrong, it looks like you had some sick tetras from the get-go. Have you contacted the seller about this? Also, I would not be very happy about receiving some neons with the cardinals, especially given the difference in price.

Glad to hear that your SAE is improving. They are tough fish and I doubt you'll have any problems with yours. Amanos are pretty bulletproof and they ship great, so you shouldn't have any trouble there. :)

If you decide to treat your fish with any meds, I would strongly suggest isolating the sick fish in a quarantine tank and treating that tank rather than your display. It depends on the med, but many meds are very toxic to inverts and can kill them quickly.

I tried to treat my one tetra in a bucket, as it was the best I had and it was a last resort (kinda new to hobby and not a lot of extra dough to spend on a QT- I'm a highschool student but work as a lifeguard during summers).. Used very small doses of meds but the little guy just couldn't make it. It was sad... Swimming upside down and odd stuff I haven't seen before. The company was great... They refunded the 2 who died and the 2 neon tetras. So I got refunded for 4... But that's not the same as having new fish... I suppose I'll have to go to a bigger city and seek them out myself this weekend.

I wanted to order from you and HN1 because I hear so many good things about you all but you mostly offer the less common stuff and I didn't see any cardinals on your website! :( I do like a lot of your fish, and I want more... But I have 2 tanks as it is and Im already going for broke! Haha. :)

We can get them at anytime, we just don't have any at the moment. If you ever want us to order some for you just let us know.

I'm glad the seller was willing to work with you on the loss/mistake. Stuff just happens sometimes and more often than not a polite contact will work everything out as you know. :)

Yeah. I was impressed with the customer service. I would've been more than happy to email them a picture.. But they took my word for it. It was nice. I can say I do regret not just asking you all, because everyone on AA says you're the best... And I've gawked at your alls thread on your fish room for a long time... Its all very awesome. Thank you for the help!

Haha thank you! Right now it's a mess. Trying to let my background as carpet plants fill in... But I have a crypt in there that I am in love with. Beautiful.. Reddish purplish greenish beauty

Back
Top Bottom