new shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the shrimp, cherry reds eat algae, spirulina flakes are occaisonally necessary too. I dropped a few microwaved sugar snap peas in my 10 gallon for my new pleco fry, the c-shrimp are all over them too. When I crush a snail, the shrimp find it pretty quickly.

Check out petshrimp.com for more info on other types.

No, I picked out a couple of frozen from a bag of mixed veggies to feed my new baby pleco's. Nuked them for 1 minute, boiling (or nuking in water for 2-3 min) will make them softer, easier to eat. Green beans would work too, I just used what was handy.

lovemybarbs said:
he is supposed to fan the water or eat algae, but I doubt I have enough algae in there.

Do you know exactly what kind of shrimp it is?

well Petco says it is a marble, but marbles according to my google search look different.

I feed my fish flakes in the morning and I give them usually some brine shrimp, frozen blood worms, krill or you know, meat in the evening. I didn't know if he would eat any of that if he found it.

I added it to my info. It looks exactly like a singapore flower shrimp, so this is what I call it.

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1842

Oh, here's a picture.

img_634100_0_955fca02a914aa89ec9724a9d6bb6b83.jpg

Back
Top Bottom