New stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shope.hannah

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my platy that I have been posting about in the unhealthy forum, just died. My dwarf gourami died a few weeks ago. I posted about it as well and I ruled it as their disease they get. Anyway that's a whole other story.
I now have,
1x male swordtail
3x platys
3x neons
1x algae eater (Pleco)
I don't want any more neons because I have had so so so much trouble acclimating them. So ruling that out, what do you guys suggest that I could add?? I know I am near my full stock level.

So my platy that I have been posting about in the unhealthy forum, just died. My dwarf gourami died a few weeks ago. I posted about it as well and I ruled it as their disease they get. Anyway that's a whole other story.
I now have,
1x male swordtail
3x platys
3x neons
1x algae eater (Pleco)
I don't want any more neons because I have had so so so much trouble acclimating them. So ruling that out, what do you guys suggest that I could add?? I know I am near my full stock level.

What size tank? And is that a common pleco that you have?

20 gallon. And yes unfortunately it is. A lot of people on here have told me their concerns about it and I'm gonna re home him when he gets too large and I can get some nerites. (My local store doesn't sell them I have to go out of town)

20 gallon. And yes unfortunately it is. A lot of people on here have told me their concerns about it and I'm gonna re home him when he gets too large and I can get some nerites. (My local store doesn't sell them I have to go out of town)

I probably would not get anything more until the pleco is rehomed - the bioload is already high with the swordtail and platys, and the messy pleco makes it quite a bit worse. After the pleco is rehomed, though, I would look into something for the bottom such as corys.

I probably would not get anything more until the pleco is rehomed - the bioload is already high with the swordtail and platys, and the messy pleco makes it quite a bit worse. After the pleco is rehomed, though, I would look into something for the bottom such as corys.

Good advice.

Back
Top Bottom