New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys so I haven't posted anything in a while, but I just got a new 13g tank off of a friend, and I have no idea what I want to do with it. I have a ton of tanks already and I haven't gotten a new one in like a year, and I just don't know what to do. I don't even know if I want saltwater,freshwater or brackish. Any ideas?

Ok guys so I haven't posted anything in a while, but I just got a new 13g tank off of a friend, and I have no idea what I want to do with it. I have a ton of tanks already and I haven't gotten a new one in like a year, and I just don't know what to do. I don't even know if I want saltwater,freshwater or brackish. Any ideas?

Lamprologus-ocellatus.jpg

Perhaps?

Or-
Bumblebee-Goby-Fish-Pictures.jpg

Or-
dario_dario_male_scarlet_badis_badis_bengalensis_713x480.jpg

Or-
Aphyosemion_australe_gold.jpg

Or-
4bb0c95f85839.jpg

and
cherry%20shrimp.jpg

well i mean first i want to decide if it should be freshwater, saltwater, or brackish

i think im leaning more towards a nano reef, a seahorse tank, or bumblebee gobies.

i think im leaning more towards a nano reef, a seahorse tank, or bumblebee gobies.

Bumblebee gobies are awesome! I had a 20 gallon tank full of them. They are so funny to watch.

Sea horses get boring after a while IMO. Its like watching a leaf they just hang on to branches and sometimes swim to another branch. They got boring really quick.

Nono reefs also get boring. reefs you have to go big so you have room to do multiple things. That is just My opinion.

You wont regret bumble bee gobies they are allot of fun.

wait isnt this tank to small for bumblebees?

not at all 10 gallon is fine for 4 or 5 they all set up territories but there territories are small like the leaf of a Brazilian sword plant would be 1 territory.

Bumblebee gobies should be kept in brackish water.

Depends some are brackish some are fresh.

Fresh - Brachygobius xanthozona has solid unbroken banded yellow stripes

Brackish - The Brachygobius nunus has broken or jagged stripes, occasionally with black spots.

Alan79- the fish in the picture are -Shell dwellers, bumblebee goby, Scarlett gem badis, australe killifish, galaxy rasbora, and red cherry shrimp

Back
Top Bottom