New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Random question but does anyone know what tank sold at pet smart comes with compact fluorescent lights. Pretty general I know but this was the information I was given and I can't quite figure out what tank it is.

Go to the Petsmart site and look at tank kits. Almost all tank hoods used to come with fluorescent light as standard. However, LED is becoming more common. The standard lights are usually not good for plants. You can grow low light plants with them though by getting better bulbs. Those LED bulbs that look like standard fluorescent bulbs can really up the lighting on these hoods. Instead of buying the kit setups you may be better off buying each thing separate. You can often get by cheaper that way and get better equipment.

I recently purchased a Top Fin 10 gallon kit at Petsmart that I'm using as a QT tank. It came with LED lights.

I had no idea that CF bulbs were used for aquarium lighting. Hopefully not the same ones that are used in homes.

Yes, the spiral CFL bulbs. I get mine at Wally World. You just have to get the Daylight or 6500 k ones. I have used them for several years and many others do as well. Cheap lighting that allows you to grow just about any plants. I am now trying out the LED light bulbs. They use less electricity. You can get the LEDs for wet locations too.

Back
Top Bottom