New tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok. I bought it. 270 litre. Need advice on aquascaping. Thinking large mango root ornament. Any advice or links for suitable items????

Attachments

• image-3565947291.jpg
    image-3565947291.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 111
i heard jungle val grows pretty long so i think that it will suit that tank.

oh wow! I Love the shape!

honestly.... I think a saltwater setup would really suit that tank.

but otherwise, gets lots of colourful fish, with minimal decor to show off and accentuate the cool shape of the tank.
I think a combo of Angelfish, mollies, swordtails, corydoras would perfectly fit. They will add movement and colour.

I've seen some pretty cool TALL Setups. Here are some pics to give you ideas...
ucp%20-%20c92.jpg
uhcs%20-%20c92.jpg

HexagonAquarium.jpg

GOOD LUCK! that tank was a Great find (y)

Ta for pics. As floor of tank is unreachable I'm avoiding live plants. I've bought an ivy garland which I've tied and weighted and and allowed 3 feet of it to float up and looks great. Also ordered a 16 inch mango root ornament and think that will be enough decor. Although tanks clearly not cycled, iv added 2 medium plecs from my other tank which had 4 of them!!! They came with it and I'm not a big fan of them but in the tall tank they are certainly far more interesting and they seem to love fact they can now swim upwards over 3 feet instead of previously only really left and right. Really does add a new dimension.

Attachments

• image-2877583442.jpg
    image-2877583442.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 80
cool tank. If you want to help along the cycling, add some bio media from your filter on your other tank.

Cleaning not easy. Hopefully plecs will keep alga down. I've made a 4 foot syphon kit for hoovering and hopefully filter will do the rest !!!

how do you clean the sand at the bottom of the tank?
more importantly, how do you feed the fish?
do you need a ladder to reach the top?

I love the tank itself. But its not the most practical design.

Ive got a long pipe with hose on end for cleaning gravel.

On top of tank there is a hole with a pipe directly to surface for feeding

No ladder require. 5 feet high in total.

My other tank is practical so this one is more for display.

Back
Top Bottom