New tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyb1290

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to be getting a new 40b tank and I am wanting some ideas on what I sould stock the tank with so I can do some research on the fish

What type fish do you like?

You could do a community with fish like an angelfish, dwarf or honey gourami, a school of tetras like cardinal, rummynose, or lemons. A school of top swimmers like marble hatchetfish or threadfin rainbowfish, and some bottom swimmers like cory cats.

A rainbowfish tank with different colorful rainbowfish with something like yo-yo loaches for bottom swimmers.

Or a african cichlid tank.

You have alot of choices.

I am wanting a community tank with a good size school but not sure sure what I sould go with I'm not to picky on what want just needing ideas

I saw an awesome planted tank not long ago at a friends house that was alittle bigger than a 40 but she has a pair of black angels and a large school of cardinal tetras. It really had a wow factor.

That dose sound nice I do like the idea of a pair of angle fish what other schooling fish could I use

Everyone has vastly differing ideas on what their favorite "Community" tank is stocked with. The best thing you can do is go to something like liveaquaria or the like, check out all the fish they have, write down the names of your favorites, and then do some research to figure out which are compatible. This is much more efficient than asking folks a general "What should I get" as it's much easier for us to help trim and match your favorites than to have every fish under the sun to pick from ;)

Well thanks for the help I just wanting to have some ideas it will be a lil bit befor I get get some fish

A pair of angels would look good with any of the following schools... Cardinal, Rummynose, Lemon tetras or Harlequin Rasboras. They are all good with angels (not nippy) and due to their mature size you could do a nice sized school for a visual impat.

Back
Top Bottom