New tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOXGM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I went and pulled the 180 out of the shed and resealed it. Cleaned the sump. I'm going to wait at least a few days to test the seals and let them dry. Any ideas on what to put in it. I'd like to get a arowana. Any suggestions?

SA Cichlids!

Oscars are pretty cool and have a lot of personality, and there's a lot of others that are really cool.

Wouldn't do Oscars they are like the most aggressive fish they will jump out of the tank to get you and Africans are more colorful anyway

Depends on what you like. I personally like community fish for a freshwater tank. Especially if you have 180g tank. I like the colors of of the different type of fish they breed quickly so you don't have to spend a whole lot of money on fish they will just multiply by themselves.
Anyway its up to what ever you like.

Gold Saum AKA Green Terror!!!

I haven't had bad experiences with Oscars, the one I had was great! I have friends that have them and theyre fine also.

Its all up to you, but I like to get other peoples ideas too, sometimes people come up with fish you've never heard of!

Flowerhorns!

no really, like waterjunkie said, it's all up to you. I tend to prefer heavily planted community tanks, but if I had a tank that large I'd end up going with either a flowerhorn or black ghost knife

Personally, I would prefer hundreds of small fishes instead of few big ones. :)
Dozens of Green neon tetra, dozens of Serpae tetra,... species schooling in every corner... priceless!!

ah, heavily planted as well!!

Personally, I would prefer hundreds of small fishes instead of few big ones. :)
Dozens of Green neon tetra, dozens of Serpae tetra,... species schooling in every corner... priceless!!

ah, heavily planted as well!!

Agreed......

I'm gonna be biased as I just got into cichlids... Buy I think you could do a pretty awesome cichlid tank! However I do like the idea of heavily planted and tons of little fish as I just watched a video someone posted in the off topic section a little while ago :) like others said, it's up to you, only you can decide. I think my biggest piece or advice would be do something you haven't done yet, and with 180g you have (what I would say) unlimited options!

That's just the thing, iv done everything besides arowanas. Maybe try cichlids again. Clown knife maybe.

Well I went and pulled the 180 out of the shed and resealed it. Cleaned the sump. I'm going to wait at least a few days to test the seals and let them dry. Any ideas on what to put in it. I'd like to get a arowana. Any suggestions?

I'd go with a pair of peacock bass 180 isn't the biggest tank for them but I'd say they will be fine for a good couple years!

Second choice for me would be a heavily planted tank with maybe ten discus and small schooling fish! Would be a beautiful looking tank and the discus would love the room and probably breed rapidly!

Omg I forgot about discus. I think that's my plan. With some plants.

Omg I forgot about discus. I think that's my plan. With some plants.

Just pick fish wisely! There's nothing worse than spending a lot if money on a nice looking discus tank and even more on the fish themselves then realising if you waited a little while you could pick up some much more amazing and beautiful strains! I've lost count the amount if times I've set up a tank looks really nice then I just shove a whole load of discus any I like the look of at the time in then next thing I'm fully stocked and can't buy the ones I really wanted! You shouldn't find this as much of a problem with a 180 but just depends on the strains you can get hold of at the time nobody likes siting back looking at a full set up your dream creation with no fish in it! Keep me updated in the tank process if you stick with the discus idea! Now I'm interested!!! Haha

Back
Top Bottom