New tank. Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any brighter fish?
Thanks for all your help :)

Paradise fish don't count as bright?
img_2862573_0_f08e0cd6a7919d6f8fb177c8c1fc4f1b.jpg

Albino%20Paradise%20fish.jpg

Beyond those, there aren't many brightly colored Chinese region fish other than bettas. Most of the really brightly colored/flashy color fish are from africa, south america, or are rainbowfish or livebearers.

I've decided that these are some fish I'm interested in.
Killing Loaches,
White cloud minnows
Paradise fish
Some shrimp
Some killifish
And possibly some guppies. Would this work???!?

You should also look into melanotaeniidae(rainbow fish) they also come in dwarfs. I don't know much about paradise fish but I know killifish are semi aggressive fish,so be careful with him and the white minnows and shrimp(they might wipe out all the shrimp). Besides that it sounds good

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is a rainbow fish.:) they're peaceful and come in dwarf size at about 3inches

Attachments

• 1394075657090.jpg
    1394075657090.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 55
They also come in varied colors like a honey sunset color scheme or this blue and yellow.:)

Or kissing gourami.u can get in dwarf by a breeder too if you wanted.they're very interesting.but the normal general size is about 6-10inches. Just giving u options

Attachments

• 1394076487561.jpg
    1394076487561.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 60
Or kissing gourami.u can get in dwarf by a breeder too if you wanted.they're very interesting.but the normal general size is about 6-10inches. Just giving u options

Thanks! I'll look into kissing gourami! They look very interesting :)

Guys please point out any aggressive fish I may have listed, and some suitable replacements :)

They kiss other fish and surfaces of object.lol.although the fish you mentioned are fast moving and wouldn't let it happen while the gourami isn't as quick

Khulis need warmer water than the minnows and paradise fish, but the others should work. Keep an eye on the paradise fish and the guppies though, the male paradise fish may mistake their fancy tails for another male.

With $600 I would buy a massive tank cheap on Craigslist and set it up how ever u wanted!

With $600 I would buy a massive tank cheap on Craigslist and set it up how ever u wanted!

+1, that's a great budget! Shop around a lot and do lots of research for the fish you want! You can pretty much do whatever you want :) I love my kribensis, they're super sociable and do great with all my peaceful fish! Plus they're beautifully coloured!

Hmm Chinese.. how about a golden dojo loach? I don't know much of anything about them though other than they look like dragons.

Make sure you take all the necessary accessories into account when pricing for your budget. Test kit, heater, filter, siphon, bucket, etc. Lots to get and it can add up quick.

An aquarium like thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394109474.181542.jpg Just so you guys have a better picture of what it looks like! :)

Back
Top Bottom