New tank led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Txredneck29

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I have had my 40 gal freshwater tank up and ru Ning for a while now slowly learning it and making changes... recently noticed the fluval led light I had (which had white and blue leds)the blue lights stopped working in it. In looking at it, seems the water that splashed up over time from the bubble stones got moisture into the fixture causing it to no longer work. So now I'm here to ask about new lights how much light is to much for a 40 gal tropical fish tank not for plant growth seems a lot of these new led lights are very very bright these days and I don't want to over power my tank causing any fish stress of that's possible but still want the tank to have a good bright look. I purchased a 36" Marineland led light for the tank the white looks great as in the pic I attached. But the blue lights on it seem like no where near enough to get that nice pop like my old light. Anyone ever used Finney lights? I was looking at getting one of their 36" ray2 actinic lights just for that nice blue pop for at night time then also having their combo light for the day. Any thoughts good bad anything? I'm open to criticism. Still trying to learn what's good and bad for this tank new to all of it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430946069971.jpg
    1430946069971.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks the lights looked great in photos. Currently I have a fluval 306 canister filter and a Marineland penguin 350 power filter for filtration seems to keep everything pretty clear along with 2 sieamese flying fox and one Chinese alge eater to help with keeping clean as well

*update* well my actinic finney light came in but only half of it lit up so they are sending a new one that will be here tomorrow along with the combo light... so far even half lit I'm very pleased with thing light looks amazing on my tank

Back
Top Bottom