New Tank Setup - Need Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello

I recently had a problem with my 20 gal long Freshwater tank. All but two of the fish died. I removed those two and began daily testing of the water. I'm confident that all is well now. With that being said, I decided to revamp my setup.

I purchased a 29 gallon, a new filter and some other supplies. I intend to keep a Green Spotted or Figure 8 puffer, a Columbian Shark, a Blue Lobster and 1 other fish. I'm not doing all out brackish, but I am adding Aquarium salt.

Here's the questions: Does anyone see a problem with those 3 inhabitants? Does anyone have a suggestion for the 4th fish? With a lobster, does that mean I can't have and bottom dwellers like catfish and plecos?

I can forgo the lobster if need be... I would like a few clown loaches and a pleco....

thanks in advance!

prettyfishies,
the only thing i worry about is the puffers. you don't want to add to much salt cause that could effect the other fish. i've had a blue lobster before and the only thing you have to worry about is what ever it can catch is lunch. in my 30 i have tinfoil barbs, bala sharks, giant dainios, a yo yo loach, a midas cichlid and 2 african clawed frogs. you kinda want to decide what kind of tank you want before purchasing. also with the puffers ask the LFS what they keep theirs in. they may keep them in freshwater, brackish or saltwater. that would be a good start for them. i hope this helps.

The LFS keeps them in Freshwater with Aquarium Salt added....at a PH of 7.5-7.8

I want an agressive tank. Definitely the puffer and the shark... what else is up for grabs

With the lobster, did you have problems with bottom-dwellers?

Also... what's a yo yo loach and tell me more about the african clawed frogs

african clawed frogs eat fish. anything it can fit into it's mouth will be eaten. it is fun thou to watch them eat. stuffing food into their mouths and all.
the yo yo loach looks like it has yo yo on his side. they can be aggressive also. it's like a clown loach. i can't think off the top of my head what else you could put with them. my lobster really never bothered anyone unless they where dead or slow enough to catch.
hope this helps.

Let's see... I'm thinking:

Puffer 6"
Columbian Shark 10"
Blue Lobster 6"?
2 Clown Loaches 6"?
1 Pleco ?"

that should work but you need to be carefull about the size fish. and do you plan on buying a bigger tank when they all reach full size. that would be mine main concern. also what size filter do you have on there?

Back
Top Bottom