New tank- stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
A younger relative wants a tank so I am giving him a 20 gal long. He knows how to care for it properly. I need some stock help with it so that the tank doesn't get overstocked. The fish he likes are as follows-
Angelfish
Neons/Cardinals
Peppered Cories
Guppies
Swordtails
Glofish (both the danios and tetras)
African Dwarf Frogs
Shrimp
Zebra Danios

Thanks!

No angels in a 20 long.

You could do 6 peppered corys, two schools of 6 of any of the schooling fish, two guppies (I suggest the same gender) and however many shrimp he wants.

A younger relative wants a tank so I am giving him a 20 gal long. He knows how to care for it properly. I need some stock help with it so that the tank doesn't get overstocked. The fish he likes are as follows-
Angelfish
Neons/Cardinals
Peppered Cories
Guppies
Swordtails
African Dwarf Frogs
Shrimp
Zebra Danios

Thanks!

I'd say no angels in this tank. Mabye
1 swordtail or 3 guppies
14 neons or 6 neons and 6 danios/ cardnals
6 peopered Cory's

No angels in a 20 long.

You could do 6 peppered corys, two schools of 6 of any of the schooling fish, two guppies (I suggest the same gender) and however many shrimp he wants.

Yeah, I figured that but he wanted me to post all the fish he likes. Thanks!

Angelfish
Neons/Cardinals
Peppered Cories
Guppies
Swordtails
African Dwarf Frogs
Shrimp
Zebra Danios

Thanks!

That is kind of you to do this for your young relative! I would think that he/she would like a lot of color and action. It is what I wanted for my grandkid! I got two peppered corys and they are doing great! Really keep the bottom clean. My 6 guppies are all male, fancy tailed of different varieties. They are very active and dart around the tank and fun to watch. There are two glow danios that think that they are guppies and hang with them. Also, I have 2 long fined sepra tetras, (red) 2 Diamond (really shimmery silver), a handful of red cherry shrimp, which we constantly are looking for! I really wanted to make this a fun, (cheap fish) tank. No, IMO, would I even try anglefish! Just remember to watch your load! Good luck!! Have fun!

I'm thinking of doing the following-

3 ADFs
2 male guppies(he can choose from any of the strains I will be breeding)
10 ghost shrimp
6 peppered Cories
6 each of glofish, neons, and zebra danios(A little iffy on three schools, any advice?)

Back
Top Bottom