New tank. Want a challenge.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I might be getting a 20g in a few weeks and want to try something new. I already have a 36g bowfront african cichlid tank and a 10 community tank.

Thank you.

I don't think I'm allowed to do SW yet and wouldn't a reef be pretty pricey?

definitely pricy. try breeding something? you can get some decent store credit selling the fish to stores.

I'm breeding my yellow labs. Two of them are holding about 7 eggs each.
Could I switch the 10 to the 20 and breed plecos and tetras in the 10?

I'd switch the ten to the twenty and then turn the ten into a shrimp tank. If you're looking for a challenge maybe try some of the higher grade/more expensive shrimp? Or you could try breeding some of the more interesting nano fish like killies or spotted blue eye rainbowfish.

hello Ayi, i'm from GA as well, let me know if you have anything to trade/sell in the future. anyways, how big of a challenge do you want? if you want the expert level challenge, then pick out a freshwater pipefish and try to maintain it. That IMO is always the last frontier in freshwater keeping

hello Ayi, i'm from GA as well, let me know if you have anything to trade/sell in the future. anyways, how big of a challenge do you want? if you want the expert level challenge, then pick out a freshwater pipefish and try to maintain it. That IMO is always the last frontier in freshwater keeping

I will let you know if I have anything to sell/trade in the future, as I hope you will let me know too. Anyways, I'm not looking for that big of a challenge. Maybe a step up from yellow labs and peacocks

I'd switch the ten to the twenty and then turn the ten into a shrimp tank. If you're looking for a challenge maybe try some of the higher grade/more expensive shrimp? Or you could try breeding some of the more interesting nano fish like killies or spotted blue eye rainbowfish.

I'll see if I can find any killies at my lfs. I've been wanting some for a while but somehow forgot about them.

If you want challenge...maybe a high tech planted set-up?
Or as another suggested, move the 10 to the 20, and turn the 10 into a shrimp tank. You could try to breed some htf shrimp like the orange eyed blue tigers, or blue velvet shrimp. :)

Maybe shell dwellers? I have multies and they are awesome...not a super huge challenge, but really cool fish that breed well and you can easily sell fry if you want since they are hard to come by. Like the idea of shrimp tanks too, maybe bc I have several and love them lol. Also love the idea of killies...would love to do that too someday! They are beautiful.

Maybe shell dwellers? I have multies and they are awesome...not a super huge challenge, but really cool fish that breed well and you can easily sell fry if you want since they are hard to come by. Like the idea of shrimp tanks too, maybe bc I have several and love them lol. Also love the idea of killies...would love to do that too someday! They are beautiful.

Do you have a picture of your shell dwelling fish?

Nope, not at the moment...in the process of completely redoing their tank. Doing all new rock, lights, and everything. Will post pics as soon as it's done...sooooo don't want anybody seeing it as it is now lol. If you want general pics/info, just google neolamprologus multifasciatus. They are a neat little fish with BIG personalities!

BTW...LOVE the pic of your betta! I have never seen one quite like that! Very cool.

Ohhh lol that's not my betta I only wish it were mine lol

I got 2 golden wonder killies today and they are getting adjusted to the tank. I did the drop acclimation. How do I sex and breed them?

Back
Top Bottom