New tank won't cycle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KFav93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. I recently just purchased another 20 gallon tank. I took the old filter media out of my old tank and put it in the new one to give it the beneficial bacteria. I also have been adding stability everyday. I'm not getting any signs of ammonia. Is it possible that my tank won't cycle because it has enough bacteria in it? Also, I've had this tank up and running since Saturday 1/22

Sounds like it's cycled if you're using media from a well established tank...you may be killing off your bacteria if not "feeding" it enough. If you're testing, have you tested nitrates?

Sounds like it's cycled if you're using media from a well established tank...you may be killing off your bacteria if not "feeding" it enough. If you're testing, have you tested nitrates?
I tested it a few times. I have nitrates in my source water, 10/20ppm. But yes the media is from a well established tank. You think it's not going to cycle?

Back
Top Bottom