New to AA. Starting FW fluval edge 12g - suggestions for fish/plant stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMuenzner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking to start FW fluval edge 12g - suggestions for fish/plant stocking? Have been out of the hobby for 12+ years and am excite to get back into it. Also doing a fluval spec v at my office - have a good idea of what I'm going to do with that but open for other ideas. Thanks!

Welcome to AA! I love fluval tanks and I think you could do
A school of ember tetra or chilli rasbora. Maybe 6?
A school of Pygmy Cories

Or a really pretty killifish tank! You could get a few of them in there. Seriously look them up! They're the most colourful fish I've ever seen! I might be getting a few for a ten gallon.

Welcome! I would put a betta in it myself or a single blue ram.

Laser said:
I disagree. I would not put 2 GBRs in a 10, but 1 is fine. They reach a maximum size of 2.5 inches.

Maybe but they tend to be more aggressive in little tanks. I agree with bud here , plus it would take up most your stock room, whereas if you did small community fish the tank would be looking stunning.

Maybe but they tend to be more aggressive in little tanks. I agree with bud here , plus it would take up most your stock room, whereas if you did small community fish the tank would be looking stunning.

Of course you guys are entitled to your opinion, but the simple fact remains that a blue ram would not exceed the bioload in this tank. There is 200 square inches of surface area in a 10, as opposed to 288 square inches in a 20. So, somehow another 88 square inches magically makes it better for blue rams.

Of course you guys are entitled to your opinion, but the simple fact remains that a blue ram would not exceed the bioload in this tank. There is 200 square inches of surface area in a 10, as opposed to 288 square inches in a 20. So, somehow another 88 square inches magically makes it better for blue rams.

Question: would you put one German blue ram in anything less than a 10????

Exactly. You see, we are talking about stocking a 12 gallon FLUVAL EDGE aquarium which has ≈50 square inches less of surface area than a standard 10 gallon rectangular tank. Bio load would not be a problem, but it doesn't have the vertical swimming space needed.

Also, my apologies to SMuenzner for getting hung up on one little thing and not paying as much attention to the question you asked. I hope you don't get the impression that the people on here just fight, we only have the occasional disagreement that gets resolved. This truly is a wonderful forum to be on.

Back
Top Bottom