New to fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoggit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What type of veggies are best for fish? Like my fish looking there best lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kinds of fish do you have? The veggies they may (or may not) need are dependent on what kinds of fish you're trying to feed.

Corys , cloan loach , golden barbs , neons , wagtails , 1 common pleco

You can try blanched cucumber, spinach, and zucchini for the bottom dwellers to see if they like any of them. For the barbs and wagtails (I assume you mean platies?), mixing some spirulina flakes into their diet and/or giving them frozen spirulina enriched brine shrimp a few times a week should cover their dietary needs.

You've probably already heard this, but just in case... Common plecos can grow up to 2 feet long and need pretty large tanks to avoid stunting their growth. Clown loaches will reach around 16" and need schools. If your tank is less than 200+ gallons (a school of 5 clown loaches alone needs 125 gallons) you'll want to swap them and the pleco for smaller options, such as zebra loaches and a bristlenose pleco.

I have 200lit tank , my pleco is bristle nose , my mistake , james is lush ! What do You think? I also have 3 clown loaches when they get to big ill swap for smaller ones .many thanks for your advice on veggies , keep the guys looking good lol

Attachments

• 1391474746342.jpg
    1391474746342.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 1391474767614.jpg
    1391474767614.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 51
I have 200lit tank , my pleco is bristle nose , my mistake , james is lush ! What do You think? I also have 3 clown loaches when they get to big ill swap for smaller ones .many thanks for your advice on veggies , keep the guys looking good lol

Ahh good, you're on top of things then :)

That is an adorable red bristlenose btw!

Many thanks for the advice like the guys to look there best lol

Back
Top Bottom