New to forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopherlh84

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just wanted to say hey. I am new to the forum. I currently have a 2.5 gal aquarium with a sunburst platy.

Yeah I am already looking into a 10 gallon tank. I told my self if I can keep this tank in good shape for three months I will go get it!

Welcome!

Got pics?

Bump up to a 20 long, it will give you many more options while still being relatively small. Larger tanks are easier to maintain as more water allows for a larger margin of error. Petco's buck-a-gallon sale starts up again soon. :)

I would love to get a 20 gal but i don't know if i will have space for it.:fish2:

Attachments

• sunny the fish.jpg
    sunny the fish.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 66
I would upgrade, then turn the small tank into a planted shrimp tank. A 2.5 gallon IMO, is really too small for any fish.

cool tank... and 20G will also be perfect for breeding species and all that... pretty cool if you have space and time.

I am looking into it. If I can talk the wifey into getting a 20 gal I will. But I am starting to think 2.5 gal is a little bit on the small size.

Mumma.of.two said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a 20g tall/high tank the same footprint as a 10g? Bigger tank but only takes up the same amount of space.

10 - 20x10x12
20 high - 24x12x16
20 long - 30x12x12

Not too bad. I have a canister filter. Main thing is pwc. It requires me changing about 10 gallons a week. About 30 minutes. Also, consider stock options. Probably best for angelfish or discus.

blert said:
10 - 20x10x12
20 high - 24x12x16
20 long - 30x12x12

Close but no cigar! Thanks, tank sizes differ in my corner of the world.

OP - the bigger the better really. Larger tanks might seem daunting but in reality they are easier to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom