New to goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCieParagon

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a few aquaria. I have successfully moved all of my fish out of my 20 gallon planted tank into either a 48 or 36. I still have the 20 gallon planted tank and I'm thinking of putting a single fancy goldfish in there. Is this acceptable? There are 2 fluval filters - aquaclear 30, and more vegetation than you can imagine and I run CO2 continuously.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Some people say yes while others say no. Standard goldfish like comets would be a bad idea due to their high activity level and elongated shape. You could possibly keep a single fancy goldfish like a fantail but both fish would still eat your plats, uproot them, and produce lots of waste.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes one fancy goldfish will be fine as long as you can keep up with his waste as he grows. The plants might get eaten or uprooted so make the choice of plants the good one.

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Goldfish get big. I kept 2 in a 55-gallon tank for 17 years. I used sand as a substrate. If goldfish get rocks stuck in their abdomen it will kill them.

Back
Top Bottom