New to Hobby. Need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeminolesFSU

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got into the tropical/freshwater fish hobby. I have 1 angelfish, 2 tiger barbs, 2 albino tiger barbs, 6 cherry barbs and 2 X Ray tetras as well as a few ghost shrimp. My problem is that my 2 albino tiger barbs are nipping at my angelfish. Is there any way to solve this other than separating them?
Thanks

I can't get the filter unless you tell me the model, tetra whisper (model)

Warning: Albino Tiger Barb will likely to fin nip Angelfish. Try increasing the number to 10.
Warning: Tiger Barb will likely to fin nip Angelfish. Try increasing the number to 10.
Warning: Albino Tiger Barb is too aggressive to co-exist with Cherry Barb.
Warning: Tiger Barb is too aggressive to co-exist with Cherry Barb.
Warning: X-Ray Tetra will likely to fin nip Angelfish.
Warning: At least any combination of 5 are recommened from (Albino Tiger Barb, Tiger Barb) as they will shoal together.
Warning: At least 5 x X-Ray Tetra are recommended in a group.

Recommended temperature range: 24 - 26 C. [Display in Farenheit]
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.5.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Recommended temperature range: 75.2 - 78.8 F

So in other words you can't have Tigers in that tank cause they cant Co exist with the cherries and fun nip the angel, you need to get at least 3 more x rays and you'll be set

Warning: Ghost Shrimp may become food for Angelfish.

Tiger barbs are generally nippy. They usually work best in a large school (8-10) where they mostly preoccupy themselves with each other. However, they are generally a poor choice to keep with long-finned fish such as angelfish, bettas, and male guppies. You are probably better off rehoming the tiger barbs.

Your angelfish will eventually view your ghost shrimp as food.

Pristella or X-ray tetras are great fish and are loose schoolers.

If you can get the model of the filter I can Check to make sure you have good enough filtration, you anyways want to go more, I run 800 gph in my 55, as long as the fish can handle it.

Okay thanks guys, yeah I'll probably rehome the Tigers then ☹️ And just get a few more X Rays. Thanks again!

See if your fish store will take them back for store credit for x rays

With 6 cherries, 5-6 x rays and an angel it will teach you proper tank maintenence, you did get a master liquid test kit and a gravel vac right, you let the tank go through the nitrogen cycle?

Back
Top Bottom