New Vission!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so im a river near my house and i think how cool would it be to make a river but smaller. So i was thinking (not good) i take several tubs cut off 75% of them add sand for bottom and banks then put a pump at in and the intake on one side and the outtake on the other. Then i can add water so now i have a current. oops forgot to say what i want to do with the tubs. SO for the tubs take somthing melt the sides together and sand it down. After i have the current then ill add fish like livebearers mostly maybe a school of corys (ideas for fish to stock will help) I want this to be more like a stream. But i can add frogs and other critters (advice on them to), plants and just mainly a self-sustaining ecosystem where all i need to do is feed them and watch (of course ill take care of the fish like they where in an aquarium) Just the only thing i would have to replace is the frogs or other critters. I would like more ideas on how to go thro with my plan. Ugh its eating me alive!!! This would be so cool. Also the stream is going in the house.:ROFLMAO::D

They make really long tanks that you could reduce to half-full and have someone put an intake on one end and an output on the other for say, a canister, and do that, unless you're set on a DIY thing.

Would the tubs be clear?

Yes they would and i would prefer tubs so th sand like almost runs down the side any idea on how to make the sand not erode

Egg crates would probably slow the process of erosion but as is in nature there is no real way to stop it but if it's not a strong current erosion might not be a huge issue anyways. Btw this is a really cool idea I'm totally following.

Ok so i dont want to have to put walls real high around it so im not adding any amphibians

Hang from the ceiling lights I would imagine the floor space will already be taken up and if you get LEDs at least your electric bill won't go up too much

Frogs are terrestrial so you would need to get like a turtle dock or something and have a frog that does not eat fish. Ideas that come to mind are the dumpey or other tree frog.

Back
Top Bottom