new yo fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

archer77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How to keep my archers stress free one minute there perfect then there black then there fine again I haven't got them figured out yet. All my other fish are perfect as is the water the only thing is my mudskipper died and I'm not sure why. No one picked on him and he had a turtle pad should he have more land? Its an all brackish tank two fiddlers dragon dojo two baby angels cat two cat sharks and the two archers I feed the archers naturally with live crickets on branches so they can shoot them down.

Pet store said they wouldl be fine but I'll move them to the other tank just to be safe thanks for that the archers are weird I don't know if it camo or not but they seem to do it on the other side of the tank under the turtle pad I had for the mudskipper.

Ok, with those as they r young freshwater is ok but they need the amount of salt to be increased as they grow until they become totally saltwater as adults. So they r probably just fine for now also they get HUGE idk what size tank you have but I hope it's big.

Aaaahhhh lol got to love pet stores I told him I wanted an all brackish tank that was fairly easy to maintain. Its a 55 gal filled with a screened in foot high top were I have plants and live bugs for the fish to eat. I was thinking bout a 100 gal tank but by the sounds not big enough.

There banded archers I'm not to concerned with the sized at the moment I got them all as babies the only one breaking 2 inches is the pleco which grew fast. The pets store said if they were healthy they'd take them all back. I just got in to this and don't want to kill fish because I'm new to it I love the fish a lot and will end up with a bigger tank. I don't want to kill something because I didn't know what I was doing all of them seem really happy and healthy except the archers which are doing OK but not as happy as when I got them which scares me. The color changes got me worried

Im glad to see you are trying to do the right thing u apologize I didn't see it originally but plecos DO NOT belong in brackish. The goby, archers and columbian shark should be just fine but the angels and plecos are not brackish fish.

Is he OK if I were to lessen salt he was my first fish and way to big for my other tank the again the poet store has told me he was OK but also told me everything else was OK. The plecos been in there since the start up cycle 4 or 5 months ago I don't want to hurt him so should I take him out. Also the fish store said they put salt in all there tanks should I consider a different store to purchase from?

I have a question for you. How did you go about making your tank brackish? Adding some aquarium salt to your tank is a lot different them making it brackish.

Added saltwater over time now I use marine salt when I do water changes is this bad with tap water

Back
Top Bottom