Newbies, The Power Of Filter Floss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2, one which is like regular filter foam and then the other side which is carbon?
Obviously you don't want to remove the filter foam. Do you think you would have some room to squeeze a bit of floss in. I had an interpet internal, single block foam. I just cut about an inch off the block and filled the gap with floss. Also, when your Carbon is exhausted, run the floss instead. So much cheaper. You only need carbon for med and odour removal....

Obviously you don't want to remove the filter foam. Do you think you would have some room to squeeze a bit of floss in. I had an interpet internal, single block foam. I just cut about an inch off the block and filled the gap with floss. Also, when your Carbon is exhausted, run the floss instead. So much cheaper. You only need carbon for med and odour removal....

Yeah maybe I could try squeeze some in! Do I take it out once it's clear? Okay so remove the carbon sponge and use filter floss instead?

Yeah maybe I could try squeeze some in! Do I take it out once it's clear? Okay so remove the carbon sponge and use filter floss instead?
Yeah try putting some in. It should clear it up very quick. I would try it with the carbon sponge in but if it won't fit, then remove the carbon sponge. I run my floss the whole time, it permanently keeps the tank clear. You can remove it, when it's clear but personally I just replace it. I find I need to replace it every few weeks....

Here is the stuff I used. It came in a huge roll. I just cut them up in pieces to fit in my aquaclears.

Back
Top Bottom