Night-view Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everybody. I recently purchased a used tank that came with lighting fixtures that fit onto the hood that each support a single 24" bulb. Are there any kinds of bulbs I can get to do both regular lighting and a night-time viewing light that won't disturb the fish but will allow me to watch them? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

If you are not comfortable wiring lights you can just purchase a blue light bulb and use a table lamp. You can get cheap fluorescent fixtures at most stores that plug in. Just get a blue bulb. Or maybe a black light bulb? You can also get LED lights that just plug in and put it on a separate timer from your regular lights. Those also come in battery powered. Blue seems to be the color for night viewing. I included some links to lights to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

JAB CM-48 Touch Control 48-LED White + Blue Light Aquarium Clamp Lamp - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Lite Source Swing-Arm Desk Lamp (Blue): Decor : Walmart.com

FeitElectric Transparent Party Light Bulbs: Decor : Walmart.com

83698-albums13095-picture60884.jpg

I bought a blue led strip on eBay for 30 bucks. It came with an 12V 1amp AC adapter.

Or you can invest in a CURRENT USA LED SATELLITE+ lighting system...

Back
Top Bottom