Nipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amazingap

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gallon freshwater aquarium. I recently got 6 tiger barbs

I have a 75 gallon freshwater aquarium. I recently got 6 tiger barbs, but they are nipping my 2 angelfish 1 of which a veil tail. Are there any suggestions on how to stop this behavior. I would also like recommendations on fish to get to stop this behavior.

I have a 75 gallon tank with 6 tiger barbs. Are there any recommendations on fish to get.

I have a 75 gallon freshwater tank. fish suggestions i have tiger barbs and angelfish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 75 gallon freshwater aquarium. I recently got 6 tiger barbs, but they are nipping my 2 angelfish 1 of which a veil tail. Are there any suggestions on how to stop this behavior. I would also like recommendations on fish to get to stop this behavior.

I have had both fish. I'd consider rehoming one of them as angelfish are slow delicate swimmers and tiger barbs are very bad about fin nipping slower/longer finned fish.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g tetras/dojo loach/clown pleco
~75g going to be African cichlids

Your Fish

Hello amaz...

If you want to keep all the fish, you'll need to invest in some floating plants. Hornwort and Anacharis are a couple of fast growing stems that will quickly cover an area of the tank pretty much top to bottom and provide some hiding space for the bullied fish. The more individual stems you drop in the tank the better. If this isn't an option, then you can always set up another tank and instantly cycle it with some of the filter media from your established tank. Instant home for the bullies or the bullied.

B

Back
Top Bottom