nitrate lvls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you checked your tap for nitrates as well? You will need more plants than a moss ball to help reduce nitrates but in the meantime, pwcs are about your only other option. How much do your nitrate levels drop after a 50% pwc? If they are not dropping by half, then i have to suspect your tap water is contributing to the problem.

Try using this. I have the same problem. My tap water has 40ppm of nitrates. Even my fast growing plants can't knock it down. Seems to be working. I got one pouch dedicated for a 20g tank. My tank is 25g. Next time I will get one dedicated for 40g tank.
Good luck.

Have you checked your tap for nitrates as well? You will need more plants than a moss ball to help reduce nitrates but in the meantime, pwcs are about your only other option. How much do your nitrate levels drop after a 50% pwc? If they are not dropping by half, then i have to suspect your tap water is contributing to the problem.

i just finished testing my tap water its at 5.o ppm and after i do a 50% wc my tank is at around 50ppm for a day then it skyrockets again

What size tank and what kind of fish and how many? If your tap only has 5 nitrate and you're doing large water changes that isn't getting them down (although it should be reducing them at least temporarily; are you testing 30 minutes after each water change to see how much they've fallen) then your tank could be overstocked.

Back
Top Bottom