NitrAtes Through the Roof PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I finished my cycling march 1 and I was on a roll PH 7.4 AM 0 NI 0 NA 20. I then noticed the my water smelt really bad and my filter was fill with brown crud, and it was cloudy. I ask for the forums advise and did as advised "clean the filter housing". Now my AM is .25 NI 0 NA 80. I did a 75% water change tonight will dow another one in the am. My water is really cloudy what now shoud I do?

Love_MyFish said:
Ok I finished my cycling march 1 and I was on a roll PH 7.4 AM 0 NI 0 NA 20. I then noticed the my water smelt really bad and my filter was fill with brown crud, and it was cloudy. I ask for the forums advise and did as advised "clean the filter housing". Now my AM is .25 NI 0 NA 80. I did a 75% water change tonight will dow another one in the am. My water is really cloudy what now shoud I do?

Most likely it's a bacteria bloom and isn't as bad as it seems. I never do more than 50%, but daily water changes will clear it up.

When you say cleaned it did you clean the filter media too? If you did the media in tap water you killed your bacteria and you're going thru a mini cycle. When cleaning the media do it only in water you removed from your tank.

Back
Top Bottom