Nitrates wont go down!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where does your water come from? Town supply or a really deep hole in your backyard aka a well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Where does your water come from? Town supply or a really deep hole in your backyard aka a well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup... If you're getting well water then you're pretty much SOL. But if you're on municipal water I do believe 40ppm is above the allowed limit.

Yup... If you're getting well water then you're pretty much SOL. But if you're on municipal water I do believe 40ppm is above the allowed limit.

I'm pretty sure it's town water lol didn't know what u ment. But nobody cares to check it and we recently did have a water main break a mile away from my house

I had issues with this in the past. Water changes are needed; however, you can add the common house plant Pothos to the tank to help bring down the Nitrates. It worked in my 20 gallon.

I had issues with this in the past. Water changes are needed; however, you can add the common house plant Pothos to the tank to help bring down the Nitrates. It worked in my 20 gallon.

The pothos does work, they need to be hung in the tank with just their roots in the water. Careful though, because they are poisonous.

Don't think I want to play with that then haha I'll just do water changes more frequently until nitrates get better I guess. OH AND MORE PLANTS

I know someone mentioned earlier but might want to cut back the amount you feed. Still feed 2 times a day just use half what you gave before. Also instead of weekly WC I'd do it every 3 or 4 days. That's how I run my Mbuna tank but I have 15 fish in the tank. Your stock isn't that high which is why I think you might be over feeding.

I know someone mentioned earlier but might want to cut back the amount you feed. Still feed 2 times a day just use half what you gave before. Also instead of weekly WC I'd do it every 3 or 4 days. That's how I run my Mbuna tank but I have 15 fish in the tank. Your stock isn't that high which is why I think you might be over feeding.

Yea that's what I thought u can't be really that stocked

Back
Top Bottom