NLS Thera A anti-parasitic food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry for the loaded questions here, but I just thought this up and thought it is a good question to bring to light. Is this food only for fish that has internal parasites, or can it be used like once a week mixed in with other food as a preventative measure? It is a non-medicated anti-parasitic food, and since it's a natural food, would this work, or could it cause an immunity problem, where parasites may become immune to it because it's fed on a regular basis?

Parasites won't become immune, it's safe for fish with or w/out parasites, there's no need to use it if the fish have passed QT. It may be useful for fish IN QT, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A very interesting question Lonebluewolf. Unlike bacteria, parasites (of which there can be many), won't become immune to treatment. Therefore I think it could be fed safely as part of a general routine.

I agree. It's also not medicated, simply is supposed to carry further supplements to boost the immune system, I would bet that it is completely safe to feed on a regular basis. However, variety is good, so I wouldn't make it part of my daily diet.

It definitely wouldn't be the main diet. It would just be a weekly suppliment, maybe mix some in with the regular food one day a week. I always feed a wide variety of foods. Flake is the main diet, then will add some vegi flake as well, and a few shrimp pellets and algae wafers. Then in my 55G with the eels, they get frozen bloodworms daily after lights out with frozen brine shrimp mixed in, and the other fish tend to partake in the event as well. And of course, can't forget the zucchini and peas on occasion as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom