NO bubbles = Happier FISH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKEET

Aquarium Advice Regular
I turned off all the bubble wands and the fish started exploring all over tank.

Even the ones that were always hiding came out, not like searching for air they were just looking around everywhere top to bottom.

Calm looking they are.

That happened to me a while back. I once put a pair of GBRs in a tank with a bubble wand in it. They hid and hung out at the bottom of the tank. The minute I turned it off, they were all over the place. The fish I've has that seemed to like bubbles are platys, otos, cories, and SAEs.

My cory and my Tiger barbs seem to love playing in the bubbles. Sometimes they swim back and forth along the curtain. Seems strange, as I always heard that fish will avoid a bubble wall.

my columbian tetra's love the bubbles, i dont reccomend turning the bubbles off permenatly, what i do for my clawed frog it just turn his airator off at night, and start it the next morning, because he doesnt care for it.

remember fish, especially tropical fish need airators, because the warmer water makes oxygen seperation harder for fish.

Back
Top Bottom