No greater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thegirlzdad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently do not have any heater on my 120 gallon tank. It holds about 70 to 72 degrees. Will my fish be happier at a warmer temperature or leave them be? I do have a heater but I just have never turned it on...

What are the experienced fish people's thoughts....

1 black ghost knife
1 albino rainbow shark
1 albino channel catfish
1 eclipse catfish
2 iridescent sharks
3 bala shark

Your Tank

Hello dad...

Aquarium fish are generally tropical, so are used to water that's a bit warmer than 72 degrees. I'd say your tank could use a couple of 200 watt heaters placed at opposite ends of the tank and set them for 76 degrees. Most plants will like the warmer water too. You'll need those heaters when the weather outside gets colder.

As for brands, I use hydor theo. You can get them at the local pet store for $20.00 or so a piece.

B

Ok. Thanks. I turned the heater on. I'll let you know if the fish seem happier. They seemed fine before but I was just wondering if the water was too cold or not.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the channel cat might not like the higher temps they are not a tropical fish but live in lakes and streams of the USA

Will it kill him or what will it do? I could take him to my dad's house. He has no heater on his 45 gallon tall tank if it will harm him. I figured it is hot in the water here in Texas too. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom