No3 high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My no3 has been high for the last 3 days I have done a 40 percent water change n still remains high.

Ph 7.5
No3 3.3
Ammonia 0
No2 50
Temp 80.0
I have a 50 gallon tank with plants n I have 10 neon tetras 3 dalmation Molly's n 3 black n yellow Molly's ( sorry dont remember there official names lol ) will the high no3 do anything bad to my tank ?

My no3 has been high for the last 3 days I have done a 40 percent water change n still remains high.

Ph 7.5
No3 3.3
Ammonia 0
No2 50
Temp 80.0
I have a 50 gallon tank with plants n I have 10 neon tetras 3 dalmation Molly's n 3 black n yellow Molly's ( sorry dont remember there official names lol ) will the high no3 do anything bad to my tank ?
NO3 is Nitrate, witch is the least toxic form of nitrogen within these 3 molecules. NO2 is the most toxic one, known as Nitrite, so I would think you made a small error. If we switch it, it makes more sense. Nitrate at 50 is very high, and nitrite at 3.3 is worst. I suggest doing an immediate 90 percent water change. Do you have any dying plants? Are you using carbon filtration? I'm pretty sure one of you're plants if not multiple of them are dying.

Nitrite is very toxic to fish and will kill them in a short period of time. The same goes for excessive ammounts of nitrate.

Yep sorry I had them wrong my no2 is 3.3 and my no3 is 50.

No dying plants I have two amazon sword plants n a Brazilian one tht grew really fast.

Once a week do a partial cleaning and every two I do a big cleaning. And I Am using a eheim canister filter.

Once a week do a partial cleaning and every two I do a big cleaning. And I Am using a eheim canister filter.
Is there any carbon media in there? If so, carbon is known to release toxins after a few months of use at most because it loses its attraction power.

Back
Top Bottom