Non-Tanks W/ built in filter and heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taylorodw

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My sister wants to get a fish bowl. I told her that unfiltered, unheated water is basically only good for algae, but she hates the look of aquariums. Is there some other heated, filtered solution? I tried googling but I didn't get anything.

I sent her a link to the Fluval Edge but I think that might be a little too tank-like for her. Is there a bowl solution or something that isn't a "tank"?

not sure about a bowl solution, but if she wants that small, im sure there are plenty of possibilities out there like rimless tanks, pretty much anything thats small...theres a thread that was done where a guy took an old candy bin, siliconed the open sides and made it a tank. If i can find it ill post it.

That's an interesting idea. The hidden filter and heater (at least I didn't see a heater in the pics) are exactly what she'd want, but I think she wants a tiny one (like 4 or 5g I think I could convince her to). If there was something like that but tiny, I bet I could sell her on it.

Thanks MFD!

Edit: Wow after reading thoroughly that thing is badass, with the auto top-off and everything. I would have to pay for any upgrade from a fish bowl, though :D

Back
Top Bottom