Normal Albino Cory behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annielauri

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I bought 3 of these little guys today. Cute as all get out!!! Are they always spastic? They are making me tired with how much they wiggle and clean. Then, they lay down and are soooooooo still for a minute that I think they are dead and then they spaz out and start cleaning again. Is this normal? They looked pretty hyper in the fish store too.

Mine (non-albino, but I doubt that makes a difference) were non-stop activity for the first few weeks I had them. When they had settled in more, they would spend part of the day lying motionless in a little group usually. Any movement around the tank, or smell of food in the water, and they're off again poking around.

They are active little guys! They will swim and swim and swim some more. I have 3 different species and I would say my pandas are the most active. They search for food all day long. Try hiding some food in the tank it is fun watching them go crazy trying to find it! I'm so mean but its fun to watch and it gives them more excercise :p :roll:

LOL my albino one will crash into my other ones and then just stop and then will start cleaning again. They just take rests and then go on munchin ;)

for me, wen they stop, i think its cuz they are chewing on something, you can see there mouths just vibrating ilke crazy

Cool. Thanks for all the replies. I know mine aren't having seizures now! :)

I have albinos and one is still pretty active after 8 years and the other is a SLUG! He's the male, well pretty sure, as I often observe him with the remote in one fin and scratching himself with the other...

I also have Panda's and Peleatus Corys and the Panda's are the most active.

On a side note, if you like the activity, I just got some Bumblebee Cats and those are beautiful as well as entertaining...very nice fish!

I have albino and spotted cory and they are active fish, they may be motionless for a minute but will go riht back to searching the tank the next minute.

Back
Top Bottom