Normal Convict and Albino Convict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey there!
Its me again. Ok so i have this pet shop and i know the manager and we talk and she is a really enthuseastic aquariast who i have taught the basics. She has in her store a tank for chiclids (african and americans. In different tanks though) And they have one Albino convict and a normal full colour Convict. Now the Albino Convict is bigish around 7cm and the full colour is only around 3-4cm
But Anyway she found fry ion there and when i came in she asked who do i think bred i instently thought that it was the Electric yellows because they have heaps. Then i had a look at the fry and it didnt look like electric yellow fry. So i went home and decided to do some research on this mysterious case. I noticed when i went in there the next day that there was two convicts in there oine Albino and one Normal. So i went home (after looking at the fry again) and looked at convict fry. Now it was a match.
But i dont know what will happen since the mummy is Albino and the Daddy (the little one) is normal colour. Do you guys know because i am really confused!
Thanks
Jason ;)

First question... does it have red eyes?

A true albino does. Leucistic fish "Pink cons" which are much more common won't. It's really tough to figure out what fry different color forms will throw. Especially without knowing lineage.

Back
Top Bottom