Not enough algae for pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the replies. Ive never had a bn pleco before so not too sure on diet. But I like all your suggestions. Do I boil veggies first?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for all the replies. Ive never had a bn pleco before so not too sure on diet. But I like all your suggestions. Do I boil veggies first?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I blanch zucchini, broccoli, and romaine before freezing them. As far as peas go, I cook fresh frozen peas and then refreeze them. All you have to do is take them out, peel the skins (much easier with the hard center) and drop them in. They thaw very quickly. Romaine I use a clip on the side of the tank, zucchini and broccoli I just drop it in and net the leftovers a couple days later.

If you're unaware, blanching is a process where you boil slightly and then immediately dip them in an ice bath to stop the cooking.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed my bristle nose cucumbers and zucchini. But I don't blanch it. I feed it raw. They also tolerate red leaf lettuce.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom