Now I'm really getting fed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottS

Aquarium Advice Freak
I kept a school of Cardinals and a Bristlenose alive for 5+ years. I lost a couple when I moved the tank to my office at work.

I bought a small school of Black Phantoms from "Shop A" and didn't QT them. They brought ich into the tank and wiped the tank out.

I bought more Cardinals from "Shop A" and a clown pleco. Ich again, but this time, I saved half the Cardinals.

Replaced lost Cardinals with more from "Shop B." Another ich outbreak. "Shop A's Cardinals survived treatment, but Shop B's didn't.

Gave up on Cardinals and bought Columbian Tetras from "Shop C." Seemed to do okay until I moved them between tanks to replace my 20 with a 46. Lost 2 with swollen stomachs and a third doesn't look so good.

Cards and Columbians now have 46 gallons to roam with the Clown Pleco. Like a moron, i buy more Cardinals and some Corys from "Shop B" and I didn't QT them as I was afraid my old tank might have surviving ich lurking. Keep 46 at 86-87F and cross fingers. Now it appears I have neon tetra disease running through the tank. Are you kidding me? I lost 5 Cardinals today. So I threw all the suspicious looking fish in a 5 gallon tank and suspect they're all doomed.

My water quality is perfect and I use RO water. I kept a school of Cards alive for over 5 years, now I can't keep the stupid things alive for a few weeks. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh :bad-words:

Hang in there. It sounds like you're doing things right, just got into a string of bad luck / stock. Take a deep breath, learn whatever you can from it, and move on as a much more experienced hobbyist. I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

the hard part is getting them in there once settled its a lot less work.

I was afraid my old tank might have surviving ich lurking.
the qt tank? ich cant live with out a host. if the qt was done everything should have been dead before moving them over. if you have a sick fish and they die during qt its best to tear it down and bleach it. this way you know everything is dried out and dead.

Back
Top Bottom