Now their blood is on my hands..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank with an Angelfish, some mollies and other assorted community fish. I had five molly fry in a breeder until they were big enough to release into the main tank. Last night I decided they were big enough to to so. Guess what? They weren't. :oops:

They were fine. The Angel was trying to nip at them, but he couldn't get any. So I left the room for about a half-hour. When I returned, my tank was about five fry too few! I thought, "Surely the Angelfish didn't eat ALL of them!" The angelfish said, "Of course I did. And don't call me Shirley!"

They weren't in my castle decoration or in the gravel, so they must be in the belly of my Angelfish and/or the larger molly and/or platy.

The Angel almost got a first hand look at the plumbing in my apartment!

Ah, the joys of breeding fish!

Not to belittle your loss, but mollies breed a lot, you'll soon have more. Don't be too mad at the Angel, big fish eats little fish is the way of the world, no?

If you really want to breed and grow out some babies, your best bet is to buy another tank for grow out. It is fun to raise up babies, so good luck in the future.

"Inside look at the plumbing in my apartment." he says!! Haha!! I love it!! Boy if I haven't felt that way once or twice before! Sorry for the loss, pal. Hope things go better in the future!

Take care

Well guess what? Last night, I was feeding the fish. I saw a decapitated body stuck on the filter intake. I removed it, but as I did, I saw one of the fry alive and well swimming about. I was so happy :D

I netted him and put him back into the breeder. Soon thereafter I saw another, then another. I had three of them back! I removed all the decorations and started vacumming the gravel. The other fry soon was sucked up.

They had been hiding in the gravel! I was very, very happy. I have four of my original five, alive and well. I'm glad I didn't give the angelfish a 'proper burial by sea', eh?

They had been hiding in the gravel! I was very, very happy. I have four of my original five, alive and well. I'm glad I didn't give the angelfish a 'proper burial by sea', eh?

Cool! Glad to hear it was not as bad as you thought, and glad the angel was not falsely convicted!

"If you find the fry, he must fly!" (bad Johhnie Cochran Joke, sorry!)

"If you find the fry, he must fly!" (bad Johhnie Cochran Joke, sorry!)

Very bad take on his OJ trial speech, "If it does not fit, you must aquit." In regards to the glove the prosecution used as evidence, which OJ tried on in such a way as to appear that it didn't fit.
Guess ya had to be there, sorry. :oops:

LOL I dunno corvuscorax, I thought that was pretty funny.

Glad to see you've forgiven the angels Zic *grin*

I feel pretty stupid. I knew about the glove quote as well as the good old, "Garbage in, Garbage out" quote he used to hinder the jury's decision. I just read 'Outrage' by Vincent Bugliosi (the Manson Prosecutor), so I should have figured out what you meant.

Sometimes you have to spell things out for ol' Zic.

"See there was this guy named OJ SIMPSON........"

Back
Top Bottom