Odd fish for a 55 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 gallon aquarium with cories, blood, neons, a chocolate gourami, danios, and an angelfish. I plan on moving the danios and gourami. Can you think of any odd or unusual fish that would be ok in here?

Sorry for posting 2

Attachments

• image-2307403166.jpg
    image-2307403166.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 226
I like that fish. Would it eat flakes or pellets. I can't bring live crickets into the house.

Their carnivores so I would say worms? Shrimp? Pretty much anything that will fit into their mouths. But if you get one watch out cause they jump and even glide on top of the water. They only get to 4"

They can become aggressive if there are any other top level swimmers or any fin nippers.

Sorry forgot the pic

Attachments

• image-2913040195.jpg
    image-2913040195.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 125
the butterflys are cool ive been wanting 1but they say there hard to feed food has to sit at to if not they wont go for it pellets and flake are going to be hard to get them to eat but i guess if its hungry enough it dinner...how bout a knife fish like african brown they stay about 9 inches or an elephant nose fish

I like big rainbowfish but they're very active. I was looking for an oddball like the butterfly fish. Nice color though.

They like freeze dried food & that stays at the top so if you want one I would go with a variety of freeze dried foods

I would get butterfly fish if I could but I only have a 20 & a 10 so that put of the question hah but it's completely up to you whatever you like and whatever will thrive in your tank!:D

th-89856-Leopard-Ctenopoma.jpg
p-89850-badis.jpg

Those are neat fish but I don't want to order fish online. I don't trust shiping companies with livestock. Especially after I read convict's story. If you can just name oddball fish and I'll look for them and research them.

There is no petsmart here in Hawaii. Sad. Not many stores sell the ctenpoma. I was thinking about an elephant nose fish. Sensetive but cool.

Had 1 of those and a baby whale they didnt last more then 2 days a peice...so for now im sraying clear of them i think it was my knife fishes that didnt let ir survive do to magnetic fields clashing

Back
Top Bottom