Odd little worm thing?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DHS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A friend of mine has a fresh water tank that I'm helping reestablish (since 90% of her fish died). I've been able to get the water looking clear again and am currently working on getting all the specs back in line (Ammonia & pH are both off). Well looking through the tank it appears to have little worm like things swimming through it. They are maybe a 1/4" long, white/pink, and squiggly. They swim in an S format & are basically over running the tank. I'm not sure if these are just basic little worms or some sort of parasite. I'll try and get a picture of the little buggers later, but for now if anyone has any idea what these things could be please tell me.

Thanks,
DHS

I would move the remaining fish out and drain the tank and hit it with 10% bleach/90% saltwater solution and kill whatever those thingys are. Then rinse well add lots of dechlorinator and go from there. I know this will cause her to recycle the tank, but if the levels are off you might be doing that anyway. Of course, I have no idea what the worms are and they might be harmless or a food source for the fish. More knowledgeble folks might chime in soon. But, as for me, I am always better off safe than sorry. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom