Odd substance in my Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonhe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just setup my first tank w/ a Sump & Overflow last month or so.. Last week, I noticed a strange, grayish matter in my sump box. I've taken a few photos, none of which are really any good, but I hope you can help me identify what in the world this could be..

My fish seem to be healthy, altho my largest parrot today is showing wounds on her sides, looks like my pleco may of attached to her.. not sure yet, posted pics on another thread..

-Tony

Pics located at..

Index of /misc/sump

I had the same thing a few years ago when setting up a new tank. I wasn't ever able to identify it, but it was benign, didn't affect anything, and through gravel vacuuming was able to get it to go away completely with no issues.

was your tank previously a saltwater setup ? Just curious.. trying to find some sort of connection..

I have to wonder if its some sort of bacteria forming.. or something.. I dunno, grabbing at straws.

Mine has grayish-green stuff like that too. I think it is diatoms. Never seem to hurt anything so i don't worry too much about it.

that happen to me too i think its from th fish food when u dont clean it it turns to tthat. i just simply wipe it off

Back
Top Bottom