Odessa barb stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gar1948

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal some live and some plastic plants. Have 4 small cory cats and 4 small dino zebras. Just brought home 5 odessa barbs ( about 1.5 in)
How long till I can add several more odessa?
Thanks---

Every time I'd go to the LFS and stand in front of the odessa barb tank, and say 'gee those look nice'... a salesguy would tell me they'd have to have their own tank because like other barbs they may nip at other fish. Are the odessas getting along with the zebras and cories?

From a capacity perspective, looks OK to add a few more, maybe not a lot more; I have more than that in my 29G.

Odessa Barbs

I only have the barbs in my tank 2 days so far but everything looks calm so far. Just a note, the barbs I bought are small. 2 male and 3 female.

I would think that like other barbs, as long as you have a large enough group and avoid putting them with slow moving/long finned fish, they should keep to themselves.

They're diamond-shaped bodies with silvery scales and little diamond marks, as opposed to the stripes of a tiger barb.

There's probably room for more, I would just worry about getting the cories enough food when there are that many mouths to feed above them in the tank. I wouldn't say I have a *problem* with it in my tank, but I do have to work a little to get food past the danios.

They're diamond-shaped bodies with silvery scales and little diamond marks, as opposed to the stripes of a tiger barb.

There's probably room for more, I would just worry about getting the cories enough food when there are that many mouths to feed above them in the tank. I wouldn't say I have a *problem* with it in my tank, but I do have to work a little to get food past the danios.

Hehe, ya Danios are fast and greedy. Get some sinking pellets for the Cories.

Back
Top Bottom