Oh no......Its,.. it's the SLIME!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMaiden

Aquarium Advice Freak
That place between sleeping and awake, where drea
Ok this is a bit scary. This nasty transparent llight brown slime every once in a while builds up in my filter and within hours goes from filter to plastic plants. It looks almost like MUCUS its soo nasty. What would you call this stuff? Is it slimy brown algea or what. It goes away with tank aand filter cleaning and doesnt come back for months. But then boom its back and slimy as ever. Truly truly nasty. It doesnt seem to affectthe fish any at all. Maybe because I have snails in tank is why it shows up sometimes??? Dont know. I'm open to suggestions. Thaanks.

I would guess it is normal slime from gunk build up in the filters. If I leave my filters too long between cleanings I see some of this building up on the output. I've never had it come free from the filter mind you. It's an over abundance of bacteria buildup.

Moved to General Discussion forum.

I get this sometiems to, it is quit nasty, especially to clean, take a reading of your phosphate levels, and your nitrates while your at it, post the results, my theory on what is just a brown algea caused by uneaten food and waste

Yup its too much waste. My pleco is soooo messy. Hes also getting sooo too big for this tank hence the mess and sLiMe blech. I can (A) give my pleco to a friend or petstore, (B) get a more powerful filter to deal with the mess until aa much bigger tank is done cycling or (C) If I only have enough for the bigger tank just keep cleaning the tank I have like crazy until bigger tank is cycled. Ill probably try B but might have to do C. Worst case scenario Ill do A. Yeah its definitely buildup slime from a waste overload. Thank you piggie pleco. LOL Will let you know later what I get tropicfishman thanks

Back
Top Bottom