2nd time in this week that this has happened
all is fine the night before and when i wake up, there is something on the water surface that looks like an oil slick(rainbow-y colors and stuff)
anybody have a clue as to what this could be?
is this tht bacterial bloom that people talk about?
or am i doing something wrong with the water
do i need to add something?
could it be propane gas collecting on the surface?(there is a heater in the room, not on, only pilot light)
the fish all seem to be doing ok
i have 1 penguin 330 on the tank
water spec as follows
nitrate: 0-20 ppm
nitrite: .5-1.0 ppm
: 25 ppm
: 40-80 ppm