OK I think I am going to get a 125 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am pretty much sure I am going to get a 125 gal used tank. It will come with the tank, substrate, plants, rock, lights, 2 cannister filters, 2 heaters, stand, canopy hood, and he is even willing to throw in a few baby yellow cichlids. I have to find out exactly what they are so I can make sure I house them properly until the tank is cycled. It will be a killer having a 6' long tank with no fish, but am going to do a fishless cycle for sure again. The cost for everything, $1000.00 Can.no tax of course. I've done the research and new from any of the lfs would cost about $2500.00 for everything at least. The light bulbs new are 60 each, there are 2. The cannister filters are 300 each, the tank would be around 600, the stand another 400, the heaters around 80 each, substrate & rock probably another 250 or so. The plants I don't know about nor the fish. The hood and the canopy also would be a few bucks I'm sure. Seems like a heck of a deal and in good condition too. There was a kit one lfs for 2000 with no canister filters at all, no substrate or plants or rocks. I'm excited, I usually never find these kind of deals. Done rambling now. :D

Congrats!!

If you have plants and substrate, then wouldn't yellow cichlids not be a good idea? I don't know much about cichlids but don't they dig up plants?

It sounds like you got a really awesome deal!

I've decided to make this an african cichild tank. I've bookmarked a bunch of threads, but expect tons of questions while the tank is cycling. :lol:

Oh, that will look amazing. Plus, there are so many combinations that are possible in a 6 foot tank that would not be possible with anything smaller. Have you looked at the cookie cutter setups on www.cichlid-forum.com ? That might give you some ideas for where to start. :D

Thanks I have also heard about the plants but will give it a try. There are some other members here with some successes in that regard. If the cichlids dig them up, I will move them to the other tanks. I have to find out if the yellow cichlid babies will be compatible with the other types of cichlids I choose. Once I've made up my mind that is. Many hours of research coming up.

severum mama said:
Oh, that will look amazing. Plus, there are so many combinations that are possible in a 6 foot tank that would not be possible with anything smaller. Have you looked at the cookie cutter setups on www.cichlid-forum.com ? That might give you some ideas for where to start. :D

I have not looked there yet but have just bookmarked that link! I will be researching so much. I am determined to wait for the fishless cycle no matter how hard to look at an empty tank. Thanks for the link!

Haps and peacocks! Go with haps and peacocks! I just set up a 125 with haps and peacocks, and it looks great (just my opinion, of course! :lol: ).

Back
Top Bottom