Ok need everyones help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bettababe1011 said:
Guppies have a lot of color!!

You'd have to have like seventy filters on it!

lol now that i think about it how many canister filters would be needed? and you may wana buy power heads to avoid dead spots

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
very cool but they may be illegal in your state

I live in VA, and it's $2500 and a year in jail. Plus they can seize whatever property you're housing them in.

Silver dollars kinda look like pirhannas...lol! And they aren't illegal...the trouble is figuring out how to deal with them and live plants...any ideas on lighting?! Thatd have to be huge balasts :) guess I'm getting ahead of it again

Joyler said:
Silver dollars kinda look like pirhannas...lol! And they aren't illegal...the trouble is figuring out how to deal with them and live plants...any ideas on lighting?! Thatd have to be huge balasts :) guess I'm getting ahead of it again

best option may be MH lighting i think hes gonna need a high PAR

Just think of the upkeep that would be required for the piranha, especially the food requirements. That could turn into a real cash cow.

Personally, I have become more of a fan of large tanks with large numbers of smaller fish. I like the look of schools upon schools of fish all doing their thing. Then again, that too could become a cash cow in terms of feeding all those mouths...:eek2:

My tank contradicts my personal preference, but thats different ;)

If you like fishing, put some bass in there. Then you don't even need to leave the house on the weekend :)

eco23 said:
If you like fishing, put some bass in there. Then you don't even need to leave the house on the weekend :)

Awesome!! And you could make money by charging people to come fish in your back room :)

Duckbill platypus, if you don't do this you don't have a hair on your...

Well, it is your tank and you can do what you want.

-M

So many awesome choices!! Can't wait for decisions to be made, and pictures to be posted ;)

All jokes aside (and I do have a couple more), I agree with Viper that a bunch of large schools of peaceful fish is the way to go. It'd probably also be the most cost efficient. I can imagine a school of like 100 neons, danios, roseline sharks, etc...

xfactor6699 said:
What about a giant tank of all cichlids all different kinds

Cichlids are pretty! You could breed them and sell them...then this could become a self sustaining hobby :)

eco23 said:
All jokes aside (and I do have a couple more), I agree with Viper that a bunch of large schools of peaceful fish is the way to go. It'd probably also be the most cost efficient. I can imagine a school of like 100 neons, danios, roseline sharks, etc...

I think an amazon environment would be really cool! There are some incredible varieties...schools of cories, tetras, maybe some angels if there is a lot of cover for less aggressive fish...I've also seen people set up small water falls in a tank...I think that's a really cool look

Or a mountain stream? With white clouds, and things from the high mountains of china?! Fast flowing water...grassy plants....rocks! So pretty!

I'm going to try and have a list of ideas posted by the end of the week keep up the ideas loving them.....also I need help with plants dont know anything about them and also filters and everything else this is a huge project looking forward to it and involving all of u guys too

Unless you plan to spend a small fortune on lighting, I'd stick with anubias, java ferns, java moss, and *possibly* some crypts. The anubias, java ferns, and java moss will grow in ambient room lighting- not quickly, but they will grow. If you stick with those and place them high in the tank, say on a bunch of nice driftwood, you won't have to spend nearly as much on lighting as you would for more demanding plants. They're slow growers, but will eventually fill out nicely. With your plants up off the substrate, you could keep some sweet Geo's or something. They would look great with a bunch of nice tetras. :)

Back
Top Bottom