Okay, so my friend has some danios...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
that she brought into school. My GOD. They're FATTTT...She's got.. 2 males and one female it looks like and they're all FAT she says that they've been that fat for a year or two now and all 3 of them look like they're prengant. No joke. I'm wondering why they're that fat because she said they could have been over fed but even I overfeed my fish and they're not that fat. She also brought in a pudgy cory cat too. She said she never took care of the fish tank and that it was her mom. Now, my friend has like... 70-80 something animals now (used to be 100) so they don't always get to the fish tank and she was telling me that there's something in the water that the fish might've been eating (I have no idea what it was though) and she also told me that she thinks that her molly has been dead in there for a ..while. She wasn't sure how long >____< My teacher started cracking up when she saw the cory cat though, it's so pudgy!(He's a few years old too) It's also so amusing because she has this really agressive betta fish that was in the school tank already and it's afraid of the giant catfish.. he flares at it then runs and hides like it's gonna squish him.

Alright, well the question I want to know if anyone could POSSIBLY answer this is...why the heck are her fish abnormally fat....

my danios are abnormally fat too...i relaly dont know what to say, one also swims on a 45* angle, im really not sure what happpened to it or what caused it.

I would suspect that your friend over feeds them. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you if they are otherwise healthy.

Without a picture it is hard to know exactly what you mean. However, I am likely to think they are not fat, they are aged. Danios do get big with age. Even zebra danios can reach a size of two inches, and at that point usually have "rotund" abdomens.

IME All Zebra Danios atleast are HUGE. They eat none stop and you HAVE to overfeed if you want food to get to the bottom feeders. Its not abnormal for them to be so huge. My adult Cory is kinda puggy guy, but not like the danios.

They're 3 zebra danios and they just plain look pregnant...all 3 of them... and they got a few scars on them, probably from decorations or something.

meateater540 - one of mine does that too, odd huh?

all mine are different sizes, some quite FAT and one quite skinny one, and some inbetween lol and yup, theyre right piggles!

Back
Top Bottom