OMG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so everyone knows about my fish issues lately... LOL well it's been a long night. I went to one of our best LFS ( long story short ) got some sheacem Metro ( straight metro ) to treat my 55g and QT which i was advised to move the danios back to the hospital tank. ANYWHO since i'm having such issues with this tank, I decide to remove the DW that I found at the lake that was in my tank just in case it is causing any issues. Then I FREAK out about my PH and so i check it and it was the lowest color on the high PH. So I checked the tap and it was PURPLE! Sheesh.... so i thought i might need that DW but I checked another tank and the PH was the exact same as the one that had the DW in it.
How is the Ph going from so high to so low? I know it can drop with oxygen and so but that's a big change. ( Severum Mama this is what I get for not checking :))

Backtracking a little.... I removed my Ghost Shrimp out of my 55g to my betta/shrimp tank that already had 6 ghost shrimp making it a total of 10 shrimp.( to treat the 55g) Well when i got home from the store my betta had a whole shrimp hanging out his mouth! I DO NOT know how he did it but didn't have the shell... legs... nothing... he looked like he had a seafood cookout or something.haha I got the shrimp from him and disposed of it. I have a danio in another tank that has been missing for days... i'm afraid to find it... :( but im fixing to pull some things out and clean them and do my weekly PWC. I am leaving out of town monday for a week and my fish have gone crazy! AHHHHHHH

What's up with my PH anyone else's this way? I mean seriously i have angels, rummynose, betta, african cichlids, goldfish... i do weekly PWC...and have been for some time. I am a little worried about my angels but they PH is more so in the 7ish range in the actual tank. How are PWC safe like that? Sorry for the Newbie Questions... I should know this by now. I think i'm currently overwhelmed :banghead::banghead:

That sucks..........but hopefully all goes well later
bettas are ninja killers.:) i figured out what was killing my whole colony of tiger shrimps when i saw my super shy betta in its cave with pieces of shrimps hanging in its mouth and in the cave;)

TheFishBoss97 said:
That sucks..........but hopefully all goes well later
bettas are ninja killers.:) i figured out what was killing my whole colony of tiger shrimps when i saw my super shy betta in its cave with pieces of shrimps hanging in its mouth and in the cave;)

Lol for reals... They are!! Haha that's kinda hilarious. Well at least I know he ate well tonight!! Hahaha

Flossie said:
Lol for reals... They are!! Haha that's kinda hilarious. Well at least I know he ate well tonight!! Hahaha

Ah yes! Looking at the bright side!!!

Have you tried letting your tap water sit out for a couple of days and test PH and see if it drops? My PH out of the tap is 8.4 but after it gasses out it drops to 7-7.2 which is where my tank's PH is.

Also if your PH is falling that rapidly you can either increase your water changes to two smaller ones per week to keep your PH more stable, or you could try adding a few pinches of crushed coral into a clean mesh media bag or nylon stocking and adding it to your filter to help buffer your water.

librarygirl said:
Have you tried letting your tap water sit out for a couple of days and test PH and see if it drops? My PH out of the tap is 8.4 but after it gasses out it drops to 7-7.2 which is where my tank's PH is.

Also if your PH is falling that rapidly you can either increase your water changes to two smaller ones per week to keep your PH more stable, or you could try adding a few pinches of crushed coral into a clean mesh media bag or nylon stocking and adding it to your filter to help buffer your water.

No I haven't done the 24 hour test recently... It wasn't actually that high out of the tap a few months ago. Ugh... It's kinda frustrating!! There is ammo( chloramines) in our water to... Around 1ppm last time I checked but I use prime so that's covered but the ph stuff is crazy! Lol thanks for the advice ;)

Back
Top Bottom