On the watch for a tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly if you want to have a different filter than the one in your hood I would look into some canisters. They can be cheap, they can also be super expensive haha. I have a fluval 406 and love the fluval canisters, many people also have good experiences with Rena/filstar and marineland. Might be worth a look

Honestly if you want to have a different filter than the one in your hood I would look into some canisters. They can be cheap, they can also be super expensive haha. I have a fluval 406 and love the fluval canisters, many people also have good experiences with Rena/filstar and marineland. Might be worth a look

Ok I will look into them then. I only want a new filter because the one I've got is made to for into a bracket in the tank it was a kit. And I'll need a better filter in the bigger tank. I like that you vs add do much media to the canisters that's the other thing about the internal filters they don't hold very much.

That's what I love about my fluval 406, all you really do is rinse out the corse foam and replace the polishing pads when they get super dirty, the polishing pads are like 6 for $6 so I can't complain about it haha

That's what I love about my fluval 406, all you really do is rinse out the corse foam and replace the polishing pads when they get super dirty, the polishing pads are like 6 for $6 so I can't complain about it haha

Well hopefully I'd be able to fit the tubing in the space provided I the back of the hood for a canister. I really don't want a big chunky internal filter taking up my tank space if I can help it. There's only a small hole opening down the base of the stand/cabinet aswell so I don't know if the tubing for the canisters with even fit so I might just have to deal with having a chunky internal filter.

Well hopefully I'd be able to fit the tubing in the space provided I the back of the hood for a canister. I really don't want a big chunky internal filter taking up my tank space if I can help it. There's only a small hole opening down the base of the stand/cabinet aswell so I don't know if the tubing for the canisters with even fit so I might just have to deal with having a chunky internal filter.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to widen the holes if you really wanted a canister, that's the other thing I liked more about the fluval, it's a little modern and sleek than the others IMO. I have mine sitting next to the stand since my cabinets are smaller

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to widen the holes if you really wanted a canister, that's the other thing I liked more about the fluval, it's a little modern and sleek than the others IMO. I have mine sitting next to the stand since my cabinets are smaller

Yeah I was thinking about doing that if I get one. I do like the idea of them more than the internals. Wish I could just use a HOB though simple and easy,well the canister would be something new for me so that's a good thing I can learn something new. I always get nervousness when I'm out of my comfort zone haha

Yeah I was thinking about doing that if I get one. I do like the idea of them more than the internals. Wish I could just use a HOB though simple and easy,well the canister would be something new for me so that's a good thing I can learn something new. I always get nervousness when I'm out of my comfort zone haha

Me too haha, I searched for hours every day online for a couple months trying to figure out which canister would be the best without costing an arm and a leg, my conclusion after the search: they're all really good, at least the big name ones haha. Went with what I liked and what I thought looked better visually, I couldn't be happier now.

So I looked and ill get a canister filter but next fortnight in broke completely so ill use the old filters unti then. The tank is being filled right now yay! My fish are pissed off since I took all of there plants and ornaments out to go into this one. Hope they forgive me when they get into their new bigger house. Oh n I used laterite under the aquasoil. Yep I bit the bullet and just went with the aquasoil $200 later :/ oh well I got the stuff I Like so all good.

So I looked and ill get a canister filter but next fortnight in broke completely so ill use the old filters unti then. The tank is being filled right now yay! My fish are pissed off since I took all of there plants and ornaments out to go into this one. Hope they forgive me when they get into their new bigger house. Oh n I used laterite under the aquasoil. Yep I bit the bullet and just went with the aquasoil $200 later :/ oh well I got the stuff I Like so all good.

I'm sure they'll be so happy after they make the move! And yea, I know how expensive the hobby can be, but if its something you really enjoy and it makes you happy then I have no problem at all with the cost

They are in and happy loving the extra space and happily exploring. They just had their first feed in the new home. I love seeing them with more space. I haven't added the fish out of my sons tank but I will do that slowly a few fish at a time.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/65790-albums11320.html
This is what I have so far. The hood is still being repaired so itll look better when its on. Id be really happy with it if it wasn't so scratched up all over the glass like really scratched it annoying me something bad. Well at least my fish are in a bigger tank and I can tell enjoying the extra room. Just wish I noticed how scratched the glass was before I got it. I can always get another tank made to fit and a bit taller even I was thinking but it would be a huge pain to redo it all again and disturb the poor fishies and the Plants.

It looks good. I like how you decorated it, and your driftwood in the left corner. :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/65790-albums11320.html
This is what I have so far. The hood is still being repaired so itll look better when its on. Id be really happy with it if it wasn't so scratched up all over the glass like really scratched it annoying me something bad. Well at least my fish are in a bigger tank and I can tell enjoying the extra room. Just wish I noticed how scratched the glass was before I got it. I can always get another tank made to fit and a bit taller even I was thinking but it would be a huge pain to redo it all again and disturb the poor fishies and the Plants.

Very nice skyla you,ve done a lovely job :)

Thank you :) Those darn scratched all over the place though! I'm obsessing a bit over them lol

Think of it like your fish's starter home after they just moved out of an apartment, yeah there's gonna be some quirks but they'll love it and eventually get their dream house. Haha

Edit: P.S. I upgraded too! Haha after weeks of begging my girlfriend to let me and reading your thread I went out and got a bigger tank too haha

Think of it like your fish's starter home after they just moved out of an apartment, yeah there's gonna be some quirks but they'll love it and eventually get their dream house. Haha

Edit: P.S. I upgraded too! Haha after weeks of begging my girlfriend to let me and reading your thread I went out and got a bigger tank too haha

That's a good way to think about it haha there first old banged up house haha! :) They love it I'm pretty sure regardless of the scratches which is the important part but they still look terrible to me . Owhh exciting stuff! What size did you go?

That's a good way to think about it haha there first old banged up house haha! :) They love it I'm pretty sure regardless of the scratches which is the important part but they still look terrible to me . Owhh exciting stuff! What size did you go?

Just bumped up from a 55g to a 75g. I like the footprint much better. I wish I could think of a way for you to fix the scratches. Maybe just try not to think about them and in a couple weeks you might not notice them anymore haha

Here's a pic of my new tank, I tried to recreate the right side cause I love the way it looks, the left side has always been my "work in progress" haha. I need a new background, I tried to reuse it and it has too many bubbles in it now.

Attachments

• image-1352490380.jpg
    image-1352490380.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 49
Yeah I'll get over it hopefully as long as I remember the fish have more space and its not forever and the plants can grow nice and big in it for when I upgrade again. Wow it look so awesome! I want an upgrade now haha

Back
Top Bottom