Once everything is set, this hobby gets a little boring...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats why i didn't say labs.. lol, i don't know if you can put them with the smaller fish.

Thats okay, I'd rather get rid of the boring smaller fish than keep them and be unhappy with my tank. They will be fine with the bigger fish though, right?

Jchillin said:
Tony Starks said:
Thanks for all the useful fish setups. I never really thought about angels, but they seem like an interesting fish. Will they take flake food?

Angels will take almost anything you put in the tank...greedy little buggers...really.

that's what I love about angels (same goes for cories and danios).
They will eat practically ANYTHING you feed them.
Makes life easy for the aquarist/owner.

In contrast, fish like ghost knife, eels (although beautiful) are a pain and hassle when it comes to feeding (some of them are extremely selective when it comes to food)

I personally wouldn't go with clown loaches (they get too big long term) or yellow labs (they would do better in a tank with water parameters closer to lake malawi and your other inhabitants wouldnt appreciate those conditions)

greenmaji said:
I personally wouldn't go with clown loaches (they get too big long term) or yellow labs (they would do better in a tank with water parameters closer to lake malawi and your other inhabitants wouldnt appreciate those conditions)

Those were the only two fish I was going to add :(

greenmaji said:
I personally wouldn't go with clown loaches (they get too big long term)

BTW, does anyone currently have a clown loach over 6" that they can take a pic of for me? I always hear they get up to 11" but I have never seen one with my own eyes bigger than about 4-5".

greenmaji said:
have you checked out the diffent dwarf cichlids or planted tank options?

Not interested in a planted tank at all, I had a 12g nanocube planted a while back and it was way too much work. My LFS did not have any dwarf cichlids, but that is something I would consider. The smallest growing cichlids they had were the yellow labs.

Clown loaches grow very very very slowly.l.. I plan to upgrade next summer, but my 4 clown loaches are only about 2" apiece

Back
Top Bottom